Disclaimer:

~The views and opinions expressed here are of the blog author and not necessarily of CCAPSG as a whole~

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Real Life Stories: Divine Intervention: A personal account


I had heard an online friend of mine mention they had had a near death experience. I didn't want to pry but it was obvious that it had had a profound effect on this guys life and his path with God. I asked him recently if he would share his story on this blog and as it turned out it was something he had felt he needed to share so here is his story. His name is Jeff.
Divine Intervention

I was compelled to compose this entry not so much because I was asked to, but because I needed to. A truly miraculous thing happened to me roughly one year ago. Prior to this event I did not believe in miracles, per say, nor was I very spiritual. I was raised in the church, but as I entered adulthood my faith was lost to reason.

One night, as I slept, I went into respiratory arrest. To this day, no one is sure how long I was “out”. Since my near death experience (NDE) I’ve read numerous books on the subject, and all accounts seem to differ. The one common thread I have found is that the person that experiences it is forever changed. My story is no different.

Unless you’ve experienced what I have, one cannot fully understand how difficult it is to describe with words. Many accounts report a beautiful white light, feelings of euphoria, and angels or family greeting them. Few report something different, something terrifying. My experience shook me to the core of my being. It was horrific, yet also empowering.

My personal ordeal was more of an intellectual one. I was shown truths about life and our interactions in this world. First was the terrifying part. I was shown my future should I choose to stay on the same path prior to the accident. It was a living hell. No joy. No satisfaction. It was a life full of constant want, pain, and sorrow. Needless to say, this got my attention.

Next, I was shown simple, absolute truths about life: Karma, or whatever you want to call it, is real. What goes around comes around. If I intentionally hurt someone or harbor ill feelings toward them, it’s like kicking myself. There are no exceptions. Somewhere, down the line, we are all related. Also, kindness and compassion are the keys to true happiness. Something as simple as a smile can change someone’s life. It will pay you back tenfold (again… Karma).

The last revelation was quite empowering. I was shown the choice is all mine. We get to choose who we want to be in this world. I can be a force for the good in this life, or the bad. But, there was no need to live the remainder of my days in a miserable existence. Although the majority of my life had been spent selfishly, it’s alright. God had already forgiven me and loves me unconditionally. How awesome is that?

I remember coming back to consciousness like I had been struck by a bolt of lightning! I will NEVER forget that first, deep breath of life. My mother was standing over me screaming, but I could not hear her. Fortunately for me, she is a medical doctor so resuscitation was nothing new.

It took weeks to fully absorb and comprehend the gravity of what had happened. As time passed, it dawned on me I had been given a wonderful gift, and that is the gift of certainty. Clearly, there are unseen, divine sources at work. No longer was there a need, for me, to question the existence of God or an afterlife. I KNEW.

"I saw also that there was an ocean of darkness and death, but an infinite ocean of light and love, which flowed over the ocean of darkness." - George Fox



For another story on an near death experience from our blog click here

A verse that is very relevant to this story is the parable of the sower:

Matthew 13
The Parable of the Sower
1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9He who has ears, let him hear."


We reap what we sow, what goes around comes around. If we decide to go down the wrong paths and not listen to God then we will "wither" or get "eaten by birds". If we choose the good soil (God's soil)we flourish.

I pray that Jeff will continue to flourish in God's garden and that you who read his story will also flourish.

Check out his blog here:
http://southarkansasparanormal.blogspot.com/
http://realguide.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment