Disclaimer:

~The views and opinions expressed here are of the blog author and not necessarily of CCAPSG as a whole~

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bizarre In The News - UFO chase on Territory Highway

Katherine Times


A Territory man was involved in a wild UFO chase on the Stuart Highway in a desperate bid to avoid abduction.


The man, who only wants to be known as Aiden said he was about an hour south of Tennant Creek, when a bright light approached him from behind.




"I was traveling south of Tennant Creek on my way to Melbourne. I had left Tennant around 3.30am after spending the night there and about an hour after I had set off I looked in my side mirror and noticed a light behind me.
"I thought nothing of it as it was probably another car."


Aiden said he noticed the light getting brighter.

"I thought geez they must be driving fast as I was doing 120kph.
"When I looked again after a few minutes the light was really bright but it was in the bloody sky."


Aiden said when he noticed the light was not coming from another car or truck behind him he "started to get freaked out and put the foot down a bit more".

"Then I looked back again and this time the light was huge and the most brightest light I had ever seen but the strange thing is that the light had like an orange colour to it but was white at the same time.

"The light was about the size of a large car and stayed with me for around 20 to 30 mins.

"There was also like a faint drone as well but at the time I put it down to road noise but who knows."


Aiden said he was sure the mysterious light was not another car when he came to a windy stretch of road.
"I went around a bend on the road (and) it was still behind me in the same spot even when the road went left and right," he said.

"It was I suppose about 700 to 800 metres behind me in the sky.
"I said to myself: No, no, not me, go and take someone else, I am not interested."

Aiden said when he looked in the mirror again the light had suddenly disappeared.

"It was gone ... completely, so I stopped got out and there was no light to be seen anywhere at all," he said.
"That freaked me out heaps and in some strange way got me hooked as well due to witnessing something that was incredible to see and thinking this is not from here."


Territory top UFOlogist Alan Ferguson said the sighting was not a surprise.


"This has happened many times to people travelling down the track here in the Northern Territory," he said.
He said two of his friends have had a simular experience a couple years ago when they were heading to UFO hotspot Wycliffe Well, south of Tennant Creek.

"They were travelling late at night and the same thing happened that a light started to follow them.
"As it got close they would freak out then the light would go back for awhile then speed up.
"Then - just like Aiden'ss sighting - it just disappeared without a trace."


Mr Ferguson said sightings of lights in the sky at the Wycliffe Well area have been around for tens of thousands of years.
"The Aborigines called them 'min min' lights," he said.

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment