Disclaimer:

~The views and opinions expressed here are of the blog author and not necessarily of CCAPSG as a whole~

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Real Life Story - Synergistic Sleepwalkers


After I taught a high school scripture class this morning a young man who I could tell was hovering around for a reason asked me a question.

"Sir, is sleepwalking from God"?

"I'm not sure what you mean, can you explain further" I asked?

He went on to tell me an amazing story that really makes you wonder how these two people in it could be connected.

His sleepwalking condition is interesting because it is only activated when another person he knows sleepwalks. This has been documented by his parents and medical experts.

The way it works is like this. When his friend sleepwalks, he also goes into a trance like state and he walks out the front of his house at any hour of the night. They meet out the front and walk off together. They then wake somewhere with no recollection of what has happened. The parents and many others have witnessed this first hand, they hear him getting up, watch him walk out the front, wait for the other person to arrive then follow them and try to wake them out of it when it is safe.

It is always in conjunction with the other boy who lives in the area who is a family friend.

He said once they stayed on a farm together with their families. One boy got up and walked down to a shed. He was joined shortly after by the other boy who had no way of knowing he was in the shed. They then got tools, removed the rear tyre of a bicycle and brought it back to the house and then went back to bed.

I have friends who sleepwalk and eat whole packets of cereal each night without realising it, until they start putting on weight without reason. I have another friend who sleepwalks and makes strange phone calls to family members and friends. But I have never met someone who sleepwalks in a coordinated manner which is triggered by another person.

I know I ask this all the time, but could someone in the community dig up some information on this phenomenon?

Many thanks, Pastor Baz.

No comments:

Post a Comment